Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coca-Cola Roast (slow cooker)

Coca-Cola Roast (slow cooker)

Just a reminder, faithful followers, I have a new and improved website now for Wishes and Dishes.  I will eventually be phasing this one out and solely posting on the new site.  So, for the good stuff, click on over to the new page (which I'm extremely proud of!): http://wishesndishes.com/


The crock pot is great for creating savory meat dishes with rich flavor and delicious sauces and gravies.  Almost any traditional recipe can be adapted to this versatile appliance.  What I love the most about crock pot recipes is that they require minimal preparation time and have a "set it and forget it" cooking style!

Being somewhat of a "meat snob", I love the crock pot because the meat becomes so tender.  The true test of whether I will be able to enjoy the meat I'm eating is if I am able to cut it with the side of my fork. This meat definitely passed the Ashley test!

This roast can't go wrong, although it may sound odd, the coca-cola tenderizes the beef so nicely!  It is very easy to prepare (under 10 minutes!).  It can be made with any beef roast or beef stew meat. Both are great!  I served this with my recipe for garlic smashed red potatoes and used the gravy from the pot to top the potatoes, but you can also use red potatoes and throw them in the crock pot with the roast to make things even easier for yourself.

I obviously have no idea what the words "portion control" mean.


  
INGREDIENTS:  
 
1 beef roast of choice (use the size roast and the amount of vegetables you need to feed your family. I used a 2.5 pound Chuck Roast)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 (12 ounce) can Coke
Red potatoes, halved
Carrots, cut in chunks 
 
PREPARATION:

Place beef in crock pot and top with dry onion soup mix.
 Place vegetables around roast.

Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and the Coke in a bowl and pour over roast.

Set crock pot on low, cook for 6-8 hours. The longer you cook, the more tender the meat becomes.

The liquid makes a great gravy!

 Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. Ooo I love finding new crock pot recipes for the fall, this looks especially good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many great things about using soda with roasts! I am going to give it a try the next time I make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, this sounds excellent. Can't wait to try this technique out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good easy recipe and a simple way to make a roast tender!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails